The Thule Yepp Maxi child seat can turn your ebike into a Rad ride that you can share with others!
Note: You must have a rear rack installed on your bike before installing a child seat. The Thule Yepp Maxi child seat is not compatible with the RadExpand 5, RadMini, RadMini Step-Thru, or RadMission, even if a rear rack is installed.
- Get the bike ready for maintenance. Prop the bike on the kickstand. Turn off the bike, remove the battery, and press and hold MODE (or the power button) to discharge remaining power.
- Locate the installation window(s) on the top of the rear rack. This is where the Thule Yepp Maxi child seat will be installed on the bike. If there is a wooden cargo deck installed on the top of the rear rack, this needs to be removed to install a child seat.
If using a single child seat, mount it in the forward-most position if possible, as this will help center weight on the bike. No more than 40 lb (18 kg) should be loaded over the rear 1/3 of the RadWagon’s rear rack.
- Install the Thule Yepp Maxi child seat on the rear rack.
- Mount the child seat base within the installation window.
- Turn the child seat adjustment dial clockwise until it clicks into place to secure the child seat to the rack.
- Lock the child seat to the rack with the included key from Thule.
- Wrap the child seat strap around the seatpost until the child seat is secure.
- Refer to the Thule Yepp Maxi child seat manual HERE and watch the installation video HERE for additional details on adjusting the child seat.
Always ensure the Thule Yepp Maxi child seat is secure and locked in position before every ride.
- Reinstall the battery, test the bike fully, and ride Rad!
Always check child seats, clothing, and cargo for loose straps or other items that could dangle and interfere with the wheels and other moving parts. Hold onto the bike when loading cargo and/or passengers. Ensure that passengers are safely seated and buckled in before beginning to ride.
Click HERE to read Thule's safety and product care instructions.