The RadRunner is equipped with an LED display and is compatible with an LCD display upgrade.
Watch the video below and follow the instructions to learn how to install the LCD display upgrade on the RadRunner.
- 3 mm Allen wrench
- Flat side cutters
- A few zip ties
- The LCD display
- Prepare the bike for maintenance. Press and hold the power button on the display until the bike turns off, remove the battery, then press and hold power again to discharge remaining power.
- Locate the display connector. Remove the cable cover at the front of the bike and trace the cable coming out of the display to the silver metal connector.
- Unplug the display connector. If needed, snip the zip ties along the display cable. Unscrew the metal part of the connector until the threaded portion releases, then pull directly apart, without twisting, to unplug.
- Remove the display from the handlebar. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to remove the display clamp bolt, then carefully remove the display from the handlebar.
Tip: Keep the LED display in case you want to reinstall it later, or recycle the display according to local rules.
- Install the new LCD display. Carefully pass the LCD display clamps (and spacers) over the crossbar. Orient the display so it's easily visible to the rider and thread in the bolts by hand. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to tighten securely.
- Install the LCD display remote. Carefully pass the clamp of the LCD display remote over the left side of the handlebar. Orient the remote so the buttons are easy to press by the rider, and thread in the bolt by hand. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to tighten securely.
- Plug in the display connector. Align the internal notch and pins and press together, without twisting, then twist the metal portion together until the connector is secure.
- Secure the cables. Replace zip ties and trim them to be flush and smooth. Reinstall the cable cover at the front of the bike.
- Reinstall the battery and test the bike fully before riding.
Continue to the next sections to learn how to set up and use the LCD Display and remote, or watch our LCD Display Features video HERE.
Once the LCD display and remote have been installed, the settings on the display can be changed to match your bike so it's safe and fun to ride. Follow the instructions below to set up the display.
- Turn on the display. Press and hold the MODE button on the display remote.
- Stand at the left side of the bike and ensure you are not touching the throttle/twist power assist on the right side of the handlebar.
- On the display remote, press and release the down arrow until the display shows “PAS 0” in the lower-left corner.
- Access the display settings menu. Press and hold the up and down arrows at the same time until “Set 1” appears on the display.
- Select the appropriate wheel size. Use the up or down arrows to toggle through the wheel size options until you find the number for your model, listed in the table below.
Note: For accurate speedometer and odometer readings, you must select the wheel size of your bike model.
Model - Country Wheel Size RadRunner - US 22 RadRunner - Canada 22 RadRunner - Europe 22
- Select the appropriate max speed. Press and release MODE to enter “Set 2” and use the up or down arrows to toggle through speed options until you find the number for your model, listed in the table below.
Model - Country Speed RadRunner - US 32 km/h RadRunner - Canada 32 km/h RadRunner - Europe 25 km/h
- Select the display brightness level. Press and release MODE to enter “Set 3” and use the up or down arrows to toggle through different levels of brightness.
- Select the unit of measurement. Press and release MODE to enter “Set 4” and use the up or down arrows to toggle through the units of measurement (MPH or km/h) until you find the value for your model, listed in the table below.
Model - Country Speed RadRunner - US MPH RadRunner - Canada km/h RadRunner - Europe km/h
- Exit the display settings menu. Press and hold the MODE button until the display returns to the ride display. Your settings will be saved and your display is now ready to use.
- Test the bike fully and ride Rad!
LCD Display Features
Take a look at the table below for what you can expect to see on your LCD display once it is turned on.
Turn the Bike ON or OFF
To turn ON the bike: Turn on the battery. On the display remote, press and hold the MODE button for about 2 seconds until the LCD display turns on.
To turn OFF the bike: Press and hold the MODE button on the display remote for about 2 seconds until the LCD display turns off. Turn off the battery.
Turn ON the Headlight, Taillight, and LCD Display BacklightModels released in 2019 and after are equipped with an integrated taillight that is activated when the bike is turned on and a brake lever is squeezed. Use the headlight and taillight when riding with limited visibility.
- Angle your headlight slightly downward. The headlight should light up the ground and not blind oncoming traffic.
- Turn ON the bike. Press and hold MODE to turn on the bike.
- Push the UP arrow and MODE button at the same time. This will activate the front headlight, the taillight (when a brake lever is squeezed), and the LCD display backlight.
- Squeeze a brake lever to test the taillight. Always test the taillight before riding in limited visibility conditions.
Turn ON Flash ModeFlash Mode allows the taillight to flash with or without the headlight being turned on.
- Turn ON the bike. Press and hold MODE to turn on the bike.
- Press the Flash Mode button on the taillight. Press the rubber button on the left underside of the taillight.
- Squeeze a brake lever to test the taillight. When a brake lever is squeezed, the taillight will illuminate a brighter, solid brake light. Always test the taillight before riding in limited visibility conditions.
If enabled while the headlight is powered on, Flash Mode will continue if the headlight is turned off. When the bike is turned off and back on again, Flash Mode will need to be enabled again by pressing the Flash Mode button on the taillight.
Control the Bike with the Remote and LCD Display
Check out the table below to see how you can view different information on your display with the touch of a button!
Click HERE to learn more about walk mode.
Charge a Device with USB ChargingThe LCD display has a built-in USB charging port, so you can charge while you ride!
- Turn OFF the LCD display. Press and hold MODE until the display turns off.
- Connect the device to the charging port using a USB cable. Plug a USB cable into the charging port on the display, then plug the the other end into your device.
- Turn ON the LCD display. Press and hold MODE until the display turns on.