The RadRunner Passenger Package comes with two custom folding foot pegs, two protective wheel skirts. the elevated rear seat, and a hardware kit. Use the installation video and the instructions below to install these accessories.
Read through these instructions and contact Rad Power Bikes Product Support if you have questions. If you are not confident in your ability to successfully and safely perform all steps, we recommend having the work performed by a certified and reputable local bike mechanic.
Gather the tools you will need:
- 13 mm wrench
- 10 mm wrench
- 4 mm Allen wrench
- Torque wrench
- Nitrile gloves (optional)
I. Install the foot pegs
- Pass a split washer and then a flat washer onto one of the foot peg bolts.
- Ensure the foot pegs are oriented so that they fold upward.
- Press the foot peg against the mounting point while inserting the bolt.
- Use a 13 mm wrench to tighten the bolt. Torque to 20 Nm.
- Fold the peg up and out of the way.
- Repeat steps 1–5 on the other side of the bike.
II. Install the wheel skirts
- Remove the protective film from each side of both wheel skirts. On one side, the film is opaque; on the other side, the film is clear.
- Position the shorter skirt on the right side of the bike (the side with the chain): The skirt goes between the rear wheel and the bike's frame. The largest hole on the skirt should fit over the foot peg bolt, with the remaining three holes aligning with the mounting points on the frame.
NOTICE: Use caution to avoid touching the chain, as the oils in your skin can damage it. Or just wear Nitrile gloves while working on or near your bike chain.
- Pass a bolt through a mounting point and the wheel skirt, and then install a washer onto the bolt end. Thread a lock nut onto the bolt end by hand and tighten partway. Repeat with the other three mounting points.
- Repeat steps II. 3 to install the second, longer skirt on the left side of the bike.
- Use a 10 mm wrench and a 4 mm Allen wrench to tighten all of the mounting point bolts for the wheel skirts. Torque to 4 Nm.
III. Install the elevated rear seat
- Align the four mounting points on the bottom of the seat with the four mounting points on the rear rack.
- Pass a bolt through a washer, and then through the rack. Carefully thread the bolt into the mounting point on the seat and loosely tighten by hand. Repeat for the other three bolts/mounting points.
- Use a 4 mm Allen wrench to tighten each bolt. Torque to 4 Nm. Do not overtighten.
Before riding, read and understand the RadRunner Owner's Manual, especially the sections pertaining to riding with a passenger. Have your work inspected by a certified, reputable bike mechanic.
Questions or comments? Contact us!
Call: (800) 939-0310 x 2