The RadMini Rear Rack allows riders to carry gear, use pannier bags, and add accessories to the rear of the bike. Check out the RadMini Rear Rack product page to view compatibility with your model year and other accessories.
- Flat side cutters
- 5 mm Allen wrench
- 10 mm wrench
- RadMini Rear Rack kit, including:
- Rear rack
- Zip ties
- Taillight cable extension
- Mounting hardware
- 2 x 33 mm long bolts (for rack lowers)
- 2 x 28 mm long bolts (for rack uppers)
- 2 x washers
- 2 x lock nuts
These instructions detail the rack installation on the 2019 RadMini. For installation on a 2018 RadMini, see only relevant steps: 1, 4, 5, and 11.
- Get the bike ready for maintenance. Turn off the bike, remove the battery, and press MODE to discharge remaining power.
- Unplug the taillight connector. Trace the cable from the taillight to the connector. Pull the connector directly apart, without twisting, to unplug.
- Remove the taillight mounting bracket. Use a 5 mm Allen wrench to remove both bolts. Set the bracket/taillight aside.
- Attach the upper mounting points. Place the rack into position and attach the upper and lower mounting points using the shorter (28 mm) bolts. Thread each bolt into the mounting point on the rack and then the frame carefully by hand. Use a 5 mm Allen wrench to torque to 7 Nm.
- Attach the lower mounting points. Thread the two remaining (33 mm) bolts into the mounting point on the rack and then the frame carefully by hand. Use a 5 mm Allen wrench to torque to 7 Nm. Once the bolts are tight against the rear rack lower, install a washer and then thread a lock nut onto the bolt end. Use a 10 mm wrench to torque the lock nut to 7 Nm.
- Remove the taillight from the mount. Use a 10 mm wrench to remove the lock nuts and washers holding the taillight to the light mount. Set the lock nuts and washers aside for reinstallation.
- Attach the taillight to the rack mount. Place the taillight into position on the taillight mounting plate on the rear rack. Install the washers and thread the lock nuts onto the bolt ends by hand. Use a 10 mm wrench to tighten the lock nuts securely.
- Snip the two zip ties holding the taillight cable onto the seatstay, taking care to not damage the cable housing or wires.
- Connect the taillight to the extension cable. First, ensure the taillight cable runs from the chainstay, outside the derailleur bash guard, and along the inside of the rear rack. Locate the taillight extension cable and line up the internal notches and pins with the connector end. Press each side directly together, without twisting, to connect. Repeat with the remaining taillight connector ends so the taillight cable is fully connected.
- Secure the cable to the rack. Starting near the light at the back of the rack, align the cable with the cable guides along the inside of the rear rack. Keep the cable taut enough to remain clear of the rear wheel spokes, but not so tight the cable could be damaged by over-stretching. Use zip ties to attach the cable connector to the rack at the guides. Next, secure the cable to the rack mounting point just below the rack dropout with a zip tie. Snip the zip tie excess so it is flush and smooth.
- Reinstall the battery and test the bike fully before riding.