Error 24 usually indicates a motor sensor fault. Perform the steps below to gather information to share with Rad Power Bikes Technical Support about the issue and what should resolve it.
1. Turn the bike OFF. Press the MODE button until the bike and LCD Display turn OFF. Use the battery key to unlock and remove the battery from the bike. Once the battery is removed, press and hold the MODE button on the LCD Display Remote until the LCD Display has remained off for a few seconds, to ensure the electrical system is fully off and safe for maintenance activities.
2. Locate the Motor Cable Connector. The motor cable connector is located near the motor in the rear wheel and zip tied to the chainstay of the frame. On this cable, there is a bulge, which is the inline connector.
3. Unplug the Motor Connector. Grab the two sides of the connection and carefully pull the connector directly apart without twisting. Pull from the connector and not directly on the cables.
4. Inspect the Motor Connector. Check the inside of the inline connector on this wire is dry and clean, and that the pins of the connector are properly aligned and undamaged. If moisture, debris, or damage is present, make note, take photos, and contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support. If the connections appear dry, clean, and undamaged, continue to the next step in this document.
5. Reconnect the Motor Connector. If the connector appears to be in working condition with no signs of damage, carefully align the connector pins and press the two ends directly together, without twisting, to fully reconnect them.
6. Reinstall the Battery. Carefully align and slide the battery onto the battery mounting tray and fully seat the connector. Use the key to lock the battery to the frame.
7. Test the Throttle. Mount the bike onto a bike maintenance stand, power the bike ON, and ensure the throttle power button is in the on position. Carefully check that the throttle will revolve the rear wheel when twisted.
8. Power the bike OFF once more by pressing and holding the MODE button the LCD Display Remote and dismount the bike from the bike stand.
9. Perform a “Rollback Test.” Turn the bike on by holding the MODE button. Immediately once the LCD Display turns on, roll the bike backwards while twisting the throttle quickly and gently on and off. See if the motor will apply any power to the wheel. Make note of the results.
10. Next Steps. Contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support with the results of the test for diagnosis and further instruction.
Call: (800) 939-0310 x 2