Click a heading below to learn about how to use the battery.
Lost KeysYour bike comes with two identical keys to turn your battery on and off. These keys are unique to your bike. For help with lost keys, please contact us and we'll help get you back up and running!
- Turn off the bike. Press and hold the MODE button on the LCD Display remote (or the power button on the LED remote) until the display turns off.
- Use the key to turn off and unlock the battery. Insert the key into the key port, then push and rotate the key to the "OFF, unlocked" position.
- Remove the battery. When in the "OFF, Unlocked" position, you can carefully slide the battery upwards and lift it off the frame. Note: the battery weighs around 8 lbs and should be handled with care.
For more information on how to best care for your battery, please refer to the Rad Power Bikes Owner's Manual that came with your bike or download a copy of your bike's manual from HERE.
When the Battery is Removed
- Do not touch the “+” and “-” terminal contacts on the bottom of the battery when the battery is removed from the bike.
- Be careful not to drop or damage the battery when loose from the bike.
- Avoid damaging the exposed connector terminals and keep them clear of debris.
When Installing the Battery
- Ensure the battery is turned off before sliding the battery into the frame mount receptacle.
- Do not force the battery onto the receptacle; slowly align and push the battery down into the receptacle.
- Ensure the battery has been properly secured to the bike before each use by carefully pulling upwards on the battery with both hands to test the security of the attachment of the battery to the mount.
Use caution to avoid damage to battery connector terminals, which are exposed when the battery is unlocked and removed from the frame of the bike. In the case of damage to the terminals or battery mounts, please discontinue use and contact Rad Power Bikes Product Support immediately.
There are two ways to check a battery's current charge level.
- Stand at the side of the bike. Make sure you're not sitting on the bike when you check the battery level and that the charger is not plugged into the battery.
- Turn on the battery. Use the key to turn the battery to the on-and-locked position.
- Press and hold the button next to the LEDs. The LEDs on the battery gauge will illuminate. The higher number of green LEDs that are illuminated, the higher your current battery level.
LCD display gauge:
- Locate the LCD display battery gauge. The LCD display shows a battery gauge in the top left corner of the screen when the bike is turned on.
- Check the gauge when the bike is not moving. The LCD display gauge calculates battery life based on the battery power output (instantaneous voltage reading) and can fluctuate while riding if power demand and/or output changes. If you are riding, the battery reading should stabilize at the current battery capacity after about 5 seconds when power assist is off (pedal assist 0 and no throttle applied), the brakes are not activated, and while coasting on the bike.
- Charge the battery when needed. Charge the battery after each ride and as soon as possible when only one tick is left on the battery gauge. At lower states of charge, the bike may limit power output to prevent damage to the battery. When the battery is fully depleted, the last bar will begin to flash, warning the user to charge the battery as soon as possible.