Notice: This procedure is only applicable for 2018 and 2019 Rad Power Bikes Batteries.
Notice: If you have any issues with your battery, always first contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support (see contact information at the bottom of this page). Our Technical Support team can assess and diagnose the issue, discuss potential solutions, and help keep you safe.
Read through these instructions and contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support if you have questions. If you are not confident in your ability to successfully and safely perform all steps, we recommend having the work performed by a certified and reputable local expert.
1. Gather the tools and parts you will need: a small flat head screwdriver, small needle nose pliers, a replacement 5 amp automotive blade fuse.
2. Remove the battery. Use the key to unlock the battery from the bike and set it upside down on a solid surface. Ensure the battery remains in the "OFF, Unlocked" position.
Notice: when the battery is removed: do not touch the “+” and “-” terminal contacts on the bottom of the battery; be careful to avoid damaging the exposed connector terminals and keep them clear of debris; be careful not to drop or damage the battery when loose from the bike.
3. Locate the two rectangular rubber covers near the locking pin labeled "FUSE".
4. Check or replace the charge fuse. Locate the "5A" label under one of the rubber fuse covers. Use a small flat head screwdriver to carefully pry off and remove the rubber fuse cover and set aside.
5. Remove the fuse. Use needle nose pliers to remove the 5 amp blade fuse.
When removed, the fuse looks like this:
If you have any questions about the fuse once you have it out, take a clear photo of it, and email or text the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Install the replacement fuse or reinstall the same fuse if it is determined to be operational. If the 5 amp fuse (identical to those that come in cars and other vehicles) needs to be replaced, align the fuse in the 5A fuse port in either side as the direction does not matter. Press the fuse into the port to completely seat the connection and install the rubber fuse cover securely.
7. Reinstall the battery, test the bike fully, and have your work inspected by a certified, reputable expert.
Use caution to avoid damage to battery connector terminals, which are exposed when the battery is unlocked and removed from the frame of the bike. In the case of damage to the terminals or battery mounts, please discontinue use and contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support immediately.
Never open the battery housing, which will void the warranty and can result in damage to the battery, property, serious injury, and/or death.