Rad Power Bikes has developed products that allow you share the Rad lifestyle with your favorite furry friend.
Watch the video below to learn more about our Rad Pets Collection, and click the headings below to learn more about product use and care tips.
Get your pet used to this product in stages over time.
- Start slow and safe: Place the product on the ground in a location where your pet is comfortable. Reward their curiosity and exploration of the product with positive reinforcement, such as attention and/or their favorite treats!
- Get ready for the first ride: Once your pet is comfortable around/in the product, install the product on the bike and place your pet inside the product while holding the bike stable. Make sure you reward your pet for remaining calm!
- Take it slow: Once it seems like your pet is comfortable in the product while on the bike, make sure you follow local leash laws and secure your pet to the basket. Once your pet is secure, hold the bike steady, walk beside it, and push the bike forward to familiarize your pet with the product while the bike is moving.
- Ride Rad: If you and your pet feel comfortable and you are confident your pet will behave safely, practice riding the bike with your pet in the product in a safe, open area at low speeds for short periods of time.
With practice, patience, and training, your pet can learn to enjoy riding your ebike as much as you do!
- Ensure your pet stays cool and adequately hydrated.
- This product is not for use by children.
- Incorrect assembly, installation, maintenance, or use of this product can cause component failure, loss of control, serious injury, or death. If you are not sure you have the experience, skills, and tools to correctly perform all steps, consult a local, certified, and reputable bike mechanic.
- Transporting a pet (or pets) using any bike puts the rider and pet(s) at risk of injury or death. Use this product with common sense and at your own risk.
- The rider is always responsible for securing loads, loose straps, and assessing a pet’s ability to ride safely. Using this product to transport a pet who does not have the health, temperament, impulse control, etc. to ride safely, can lead to serious injury or death of the rider of pet(s).
- The kickstand is not designed to be used for loading cargo. Do not assume the bike is stable and balanced when using the kickstand. Always hold onto the bike when cargo, a pet, or pets are being loaded, in place, or attached to the bike.
- Carrying pets or cargo significantly affects braking, acceleration, turning, and balancing, which can increase the risk of falls and other accidents, potentially leading to property damage, serious injury, or death. To minimize risk practice riding in a flat, open, safe area with light cargo before attempting to carry heavier cargo or pets, especially on roads, hills, or in wet conditions.
- Always ensure that pets and/or cargo cannot interfere with the rider or any moving parts. Failure to ensure that pets and/or cargo can’t interfere with the rider’s control of the bike can lead to serious injury or death.
- The weight of this product may make the bike less stable while riding and parked. Never leave a pet unattended on a bike or move away from the bike while they are in this product. Leaving pets unattended on a bike creates a VERY HIGH RISK of the bike tipping over causing damage to the bike or property, serious injury, or death.
- Never exceed the max weight limit of any rack or basket product.
- Ensure this product is properly installed and securely attached before use.
- Ensure that you can see your pet at all times while they are in the carrier.
- This product is not designed to carry children.
- Consult a veterinarian or pet behavior specialist if you have any questions or concerns.
Rad Power Bikes Pet Carrier and Basket Liner
Remove the base pad and hand wash with warm water and a mild, pet-safe detergent if needed. Air dry.
Wipe clean with a clean, damp cloth, dab dry with a clean, dry cloth. Allow to air dry.
Do not park or store in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.