Prior to riding we recommend running through the following list of items to ensure the all components of the bike are in good working condition.
NOTICE: If you do not have the experience, skill, and tools to complete all steps in the checklist, Rad Power Bikes highly recommends having a certified, reputable bike mechanic complete these procedures before riding the bike initially, as well as any future adjustments or tuning.
- Ensure all fasteners are secure and torqued to recommended torque specifications provided in in the Owner’s Manual. Look for anything that appears unusual, damaged, or missing.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged.
- Check all externally visible electrical connectors are securely and fully connected.
- Check the tire pressure with an air pressure gauge and inspect tires for damage. Make sure tires are properly inflated to the tire pressure recommended in the Owner's Manual.
- Ensure the throttle is not applied or bound before turning on the bike. Note: On models released in 2020, the throttle is active when the bike is on. On models released in 2019 and earlier, the throttle is active when the button is pressed. Use caution when proceeding through the checklist to prevent accidental engagement.
- Ensure battery pack is in the locked position with the key switch lock.
- Ensure the seat is at a safe and comfortable height so the rider can safely mount, pedal, stop, and dismount the bike safely.
- Test the brakes for proper function
- Sit on the bike in a clear open area with the bike in the on position.
- Engage the front brake (on the left side of the handlebar ).
- Lightly apply the throttle. The bike should not move since the brake is applied and e-brake cutoff switch should be engaged.
- Release the throttle.
- Release the brake.
- Test that the bike will now operate with the brake not engaged.
- Release the throttle.
- Apply the rear brake (on the right side of the handlebar) and perform the same steps above 3-7.
If the brakes do not cut off the power, immediately discontinue use of the bike and contact Rad Power Bikes as soon as possible. If any other items in the above checklist appear to be out of order, immediately discontinue use of the bike until the item is serviced. We recommend having a certified, reputable bike mechanic complete any necessary maintenance.
For questions, contact Rad Power Bikes Product Support by email to email@example.com or by phone to (800) 939-0310 x 2.