Read through these instructions and contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support if you have questions. If you are not confident in your ability to successfully and safely perform all steps, we recommend having the work performed by a local, certified, and reputable bike mechanic.
1. Gather the tools and parts you will need: a 3 mm Allen wrench, flat side cutters, a replacement zip tie, and the replacement LCD display.
2. Power off the bike. Ensure the bike is in the off position and use the key to remove the battery. Once removed, press and hold the “MODE” button on the LCD Display Remote until the display remains off for about two seconds (it may flash on briefly). This ensures the power is fully discharged from the bike and it is safe to work on.
3. Remove the two LCD display clamp bolts. Locate the display bolts (circled, blow) and use a 3 mm Allen wrench to back out the bolts and set them aside.
4. Remove the old LCD display. Open the display clamp and carefully pull each side off of the handlebar.
5. Remove the display remote. Locate the three-button LCD display remote on the left side of the handelbar. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to remove the clamp bolt holding the remote to the handle bar and set aside. Once removed, open the clamp and carefully slide the remove off of the handlebar.
6. Disconnect the LCD display from the wiring harness. Trace the wire from the LCD display to the connection with the wiring harness slightly below the handlebar. For most ebikes by Rad Power Bikes* this connector will have a silver metal central band. Holding both sides of the connector steady, unscrew the metal connection then pull directly apart on the connector housing without twisting to unplug this connection.
*For early model year RadWagon cargo ebikes, this connection will be all black and will be green inside once unplugged.
7. Use flat side cutters to snip the zip tie holding the display wire to the other cables at the front of the bike.
8. Install the new LCD display. Pass the display clamp over the handlebar center and use a 3 mm Allen wrench to tighten both bolts. Ensure the LCD display is easily readable by a rider.
9. Install the display remote. Ensure the wire running from the display to the remote is not twisted and runs smoothly. Pass the display remote clamp over the handlebar at the left side of the bike. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to tighten the bolt and attach the remote securely.
10. Plug the LCD display into the wiring harness. Ensure the wire coming out of the display is not twisted and runs smoothly down towards the wiring harness. Locate the wiring harness connector end, align the internal pins, and carefully press both sides directly together without twisting to seat the connection. Then twist the central metal band to secure and fully seat the connection.
11. Replace the zip tie organizing the cables and wires at the front of the hadlebar and use flat side cutters to snip the zip tie excess.
12. Reinstall the battery, test the bike fully, and have your work inspected by a certified, reputable bike mechanic.
If you have any questions, please contact Rad Power Bikes Technical Support by email to email@example.com or by phone to (800) 939-0310 x 2.