The LCD display is designed to be replaced in the unlikely event it is determined to be damaged or non-functional by Rad Power Bikes Product Support.
You will need:
- A 3 mm Allen wrench
- Flat side cutters
- A replacement zip tie
- The replacement LCD display
- Get the bike ready for maintenance. Turn off the bike, remove the battery, and press MODE to discharge remaining power.
- Disconnect the old LCD display. Snip the zip tie securing the display cable, then trace the cable from the display to the silver metal connector. Untwist the silver metal portion, then pull directly apart, without twisting, to unplug.
- Remove the two LCD display clamp bolts. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench remove the bolts, and set them aside.
- Remove the old LCD display. Open the display clamp and carefully pull each side off of the handlebar.
- Remove the display remote. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to remove the remote clamp bolt, and set it aside. Open the clamp and carefully slide the remote off of the handlebar.
- Install the new LCD display. Pass the display clamp over the handlebar center and use a 3 mm Allen wrench to tighten both bolts. Adjust the display so it is visible to the rider.
- Install the display remote. Ensure the wire running from the display to the remote is not twisted and runs smoothly. Pass the display remote clamp over the handlebar at the left side of the bike. Use a 3 mm Allen wrench to tighten the bolt securely.
- Connect the LCD display to the wiring harness. Line up the internal notches and pins (and external arrows), and push the connector ends directly together, without twisting, to connect. Then twist just the silver metal portion to fully seat the connection.
- Replace the zip tie. Snip the zip tie so it is flush and smooth.
- Reinstall the battery and test the bike fully before riding.
Questions or comments? Contact us!
Phone: (800) 939-0310 x 2