No, instead of using a direct drive hub motor which would allow the RadRover to have regenerative braking enabled, we opted for a brushless geared hub motor which increases the efficiency on hills and at lower speeds. The geared hub motor also freewheels when you are coasting or just pedaling making it feel more like pedaling a regular bike without fighting cogging/magnetic resistance.
Articles in this section
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- How do I replace the RadRover tires when they have worn?
- How many gears does the RadRover have and why does it have gears if it is electric?
- What are the minimum and maximum seat heights of the RadRover?
- Can I put a rear rack on the RadRover?
- What is the size of the RadRover?
- Does the RadRover have regenerative braking?
- What colors are available for the RadRover?
- Can I carry passengers on my RadRover?
- How much does the RadRover cost?